Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rangar Relay!!

On February 27th and 28th me and 11 other friends set out on a crazy adventure! Emily Johnston was our team leader and put together a team, J.A.M. (Just Another Mile) to run a 204 mile relay from Prescott AZ to Mesa AZ in two days or approximately 36 hours! What an adventure this was! We had two vans full of six team members. Each member of the team would be running a total of three legs of this relay. We would start with runner #1 and move through to runner #12 three times! I was in Van #1 and was runner #6. I ran at approximately 11 a.m. and then again at approximately 11 p.m. and again the next morning around 11 a.m. again! My first leg was 6 miles, which I was pretty happy with, second leg was 3.4 miles at night and this was may favorite leg and then my last leg was 6.4 miles and ALL UP HILL, after only about 2 hours of sleep and well, all I can say is that I finished! I thought I did well for the first 5 miles, but the last 1.4 miles was killer......not my best performance. Anyway, we did it and had a GREAT TIME!! At the moment I wasn't sure I would ever do it again, but I am pretty sure if someone puts together another team for next year I will be signing up!!
















0 comments: