Thursday, August 28, 2008

My babies are growing up!!

I know that I have added a lot to our blog over the last few days, but I came to realize just what a milestone month this has been for my children and for their mom and dad!! The month of August started off with my baby girl turning eight and then two days later the kids headed back to school!! That is, ALL of the kids!! Sawyer started kindergarten this year!! He was SO excited to be going to the BIG school with his brother and sister!! His teacher is a collector of M&M's and has her room decorated with all of her collection, so of course her and Sawyer hit it off great!! Stephen started 6th grade this year and I didn't think much of it until at 'Meet the Teacher' I was asking if she needed help from parents during the year and she told me that this is the year that they start having the students do more and the parents do less! It is started already, my oldest boy is growing up, in more ways then one! Then a few weeks later when Stephen officially moved from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts it hit me again the my boy is starting to be pulled from his mom. It does help me a lot that Stephen still comes to find me throughout the day to get a 'mommy hug'! I have told him since he was a toddler that he better always love his mom and not turn into a boy who doesn't like his mom. He promises me that will never happen! We then ended the month on a wonderful note with Sadie's baptism! Having family and friends around to celebrate wonderful milestones is what this life is all about!!

Sawyer, age 5



Sadie, age 8


Stephen, age 11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big they are getting, you guys sound super busy!!! love the pictures!
we miss you guys, big hugs and kisses.

ilm3ib said...

Laura, you have GREAT kids! I am so glad that I'm serving in primary now and get to know ALL of them! They grow faster and faster every year don't they! Enjoy every minute...

Amanda said...

The kids have grown SO much!
I love all the pictures... we miss all of you...