Sunday, November 23, 2008

God Bless You Grandpa!!

We will miss you Grandpa Nelson!!

For as far back as I can remember our extended family(on Laura's mom's side) has gotten together two times a year for our family reunion in the summer and then Thanksgiving with the Christmas party the day after!! These traditions were created and sustained because grandpa LOVED his family and wanted us all to be together. We have had some great times and have made some wonderful memories. I feel very blessed to have had my grandfather in my life for as long as I did. He was such a great example to so many people. He suffered from a lot of pain most of his life, but you would have never known. He did not complain, ever! He always had a smile on his face! Every one of his children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren thought they were his favorite. Our family has been very blessed to have such a great patriarch and he will be greatly missed!! We love you grandpa!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Grandpa looks so handsome in that suit!

Valerie said...

What a beautiful collage you've put together. My favorite is the one of them kissing. I am sad for his wife. How hard it would be to lose a spouse. I hope you and your kids are doing ok with it and I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving. Get home safe!