Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day in Hurricane


It has only taken me a week to journal these pictures, but who's counting, right? :) We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day at my parents home! It was kind of bitter sweet with the passing of my grandfather and having the funeral the day before, but we were together as a family and that is what grandpa loved! My sisters and I told my mom not to worry about cooking this year because we knew she would not be up to the task. We told her to go and spend the morning with her mom and that we would take care of the meal. So, after she helped put the turkey in the roaster my sisters and I went to work! We fed 19 people and the only thing that didn't turn out was the coconut cream pie, dang it! I tried to make it like my mom does, in the microwave, and I failed. I should have just done it on the stove top like I am used to. Oh well! It tasted good, just was more like a pudding than a pie.

Mike also brought back a tradition that my grandfather loved, but had been missing at our Thanksgiving dinner the last few years. That tradition includes everyone taking a turn and saying what they are grateful for. Not everyone loves this tradition, but I think it is a good one. I am graetful that Mike had the foresight to do this. He thought of it all on his own and caught us all off guard!! I know grandpa was with us that afternoon and was very thankful for the legacy he left behind!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

your grandma is a doll!